Changes to my study programme

This year the curriculum of my career has changed. Before the changes that the academics made, the curriculum had three different History subjects, about contemporary history, about Chile and about Latin America, one per semester. Now we have just two subjects. The Latin American History was retired. Personally I love History and to learn about the details of the history that are not told by the official history, so in the future a change that could be made in the study programme is add this subject again, because I think it is really important to dedicate long time to this.

Another change I would like to do in my career is the teaching methods. Nowadays some teachers are really heavy with us. I understand the concern about the academic requirement but I completely disagree with the violent practices that we have to endure. Obviously this violence is not physical, it is verbal. But is so much worrying because it prevent us from learning quietly and also happy. And it is because the most of the academics do not have a degree in pedagogy. So a change that could be made in the career is demand to all the academics to have a degree in pedagogy.

Another change that could be made in my career is the number of students per course. Nowadays we are more than seventy students in the course, which makes the classroom environment more difficult and the learning less personal.


Every day I dream with a university with better methods, where we do not get always frustrated every week and where we can learn calmly. I hope I can contribute to that!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Someone i'd like to meet

Future Job

Postgraduate studies